About NHO Transport
Welcome to the website of
- NHO Transport represents about 130 bus, coach, tram, metro and truck operators.
- Our members have nearly 20 000 employees, 7800 buses and coaches and 2000 trucks.
- Our members carry out more than 90 per cent of Norway’s public transport by bus and tram/metro.
- The member companies range from large multi-national transport operators to small family businesses.
- NHO Transport represents our members as an employers’ association for both passenger and goods transport companies and a trade association for passenger transport companies.
- NHO Transport aims to generate the most favourable framework conditions possible for our member companies by maintaining a good working relationship with both national and regional political authorities and public administration.
- NHO Transport acts as an advocate and promoter of public transport.
- NHO Transport engages in collective bargaining and offers legal advise in matters concerning labour legislation and wage agreements.
- NHO Transport is affiliated to the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO).
- NHO Transport is a member of UITP (The International Association of Public Transport) and IRU (The International Road Transport Union).
P.O. Box 5477 Majorstuen, NO-0305 Oslo
Tel: +47 23 08 86 00
Fax: +47 23 08 86 01
Norwegian Public Roads Administration
Ministry of Transport and Communications
Norwegian Customs and Excise
Bedin - How to start and run an enterprise in Norway
Norway.no - your gateway to the public sector in Norway
Institute of Transport Economics
Donna Diesel - Truckers Guide for Norwegian Winter Roads